Sunday, August 6, 2017

DOIN' A LITTLE ----STEPPIN' OUT

Every year during the first weekend in August the Town of Blacksburg, Virginia host "STEPPIN' OUT. A large and well attended street festival that features artists and craftsmen from the immediate area and from surrounding states.  Also set up around town are three separate stages that features anything from classical music,and cloggers, to bluegrass and folk music.

I spent a very enjoyable few hours walking around downtown. I was impressed with the talent of the artist and craftsmen who were displaying and selling their ware up and down Main Street.  There were a number of food trucks and food vendors which I really enjoyed and is where I spent most of my money.

Parking is limited in the immediate area around the festival, but plenty of free parking was available in the Chicken Hill Parking Lot across from Lane Stadium.  Blacksburg Transit provided free shuttle bus transportation from the parking lot to the festival site. Buses were schedule to run every 15 minutes, but in mid-afternoon the bus broke down and a large number of passenger were left stranded for about an hour.

I was one of those passengers so I chose to walk up the Huckleberry Trail to the Parking Lot. The weather was in the mid to upper 70 with lot humidity and a light breeze, so it really didn't bother me to walk.

Here are a few photos from the day along with a short video.





No comments:

Post a Comment