Saturday, July 28, 2018

HOMEWARD BOUND

After 8-days, 7-states and 2,081-miles, I arrived home yesterday afternoon about 4 p.m. The 320 miles trip from Lexington, Kentucky back to Christiansburg was uneventful except for about a 15-mile stretch on Interstate 64 between Huntington and Charleston, West Virginia.  Road construction slowed traffic to a crawl and it took about 45-minutes to travel this 15-mile section. 

The last two time that I had traveled through Charleston the West Virginia Capitol Dome had been covered while they was cleaning and repairing the cold leaf.  This time, the Gold dome of the capitol was glistening in the sunlight. It is one of the most beautiful capitols in the United States.

While traveling through Kentucky for the past 8-day, I discovered that I wasn't the only one of my friends that were in the area.  A day or two after visiting the Buffalo Trace Distillery I saw a Facebook post that my former co-workers and good friends Ralph Howell and Darrell Bowling were there the next day.  They were in the area touring some of the same distilleries that I had toured and while our paths never crossed, they were traveling some of the same ground that I had traveled.  

Then yesterday another good friend, Dennis Bradner were only about 60-miles ahead of me on Interstate 64.  Dennis and three others were returning home from a two week trip to The Black Hills. They passed me Thursday night while I was in Lexington and spent the night about 60-miles east of me. As I travel I am always amazed at just how small this world is. 

Well, not that this trip is over, what's next.  The next major trip will be my Amtrak Journey to Arizona in October.  I may take a couple of little weekend trips between now and then but nothing really lengthy.  

For now I have got to get busy editing photos and videos. If you get a chance slip over to MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL and take a look at my videos. I try to add at least one new video each week. And if you want to see ALL of the Photo from my travels check out MY FLICKR site.

No comments:

Post a Comment