Thursday, October 18, 2018

ONBOARD THE CAPITOL LIMITED

The next leg of my adventure will Take me from Washington D. C. To Chicago on board Amtrak's Train #29, The Capitol Limited. After eating Lunch in the food Court, I had about 45 minutes before the called for us to board. I must say that all of the Amtrak employees I have encountered so far have been outstanding.

The Potomac River at Harper's Ferry
Once I boarded and found my roomett my sleeping Car attendant, Phil came by and introduced himself and took my Dinner order and reservation.After I made my initial Amtrak reservations the powers that be decided to discontinue the traditional dinning car service on the Capitol Limited. Instead we get what they are calling a girst class lounge car, that served preheated meals similar to what you use to get on airplanes. You also get unlimited non-alcoholic beverages.

Martinsburg, West Virginia
It's not exactly what i expected but actually the food wasn't that bad. I am looking forward to enjoying the Traditional dining car on the Texas Eagle, which is the next leg of my Trip. After leaving D. C. Our first stop was in Rockville Maryland and then it was on to Harper's Ferry, which was the lasy Station we will stop at while it Daylight. From Harper's Ferry it's 20 minutes to Marrtinsburg and the an hour and a half to our Next Stop in Cumberland Maryland. This is a scheduled 20 minute Stop and tonight we changed Locomotive Crews.

All the smokers in Coach used this as a smoke stop and believe me you do not want to get between the smokers and the exit. Shortly after leaving Cumberland we crossed into Pennsylvaina and our next Major stop will be in Pittsburgh.I had wanted to stay until we Arrive in Pittsburgh, but it's been a long day and when Phil comes by to change my room I think I am going to call It a day.
I will start Fresh tomorrow somewhere between Cleveland and Chicago.

No comments:

Post a Comment