Thursday, March 22, 2018

THE MADNESS STARTS

(MARCH 15, 2018)  Well today was day one of the 2018 NCAA Basketball Tournament and here in Dallas and I spent the day and evening at the American Airlines Center.  This is my second time here, I was last here fro the Tournament in 2006 and things have changes just a little.

In 2006 there was a huge parking lot on site, today there is a much of the area has been developed into luxury apartments and hotels. The lot smaller lot and it cost $20 to park. but no fear a friend of my gave me a parking pass that allows me to park just off of Victory Avenue and right in Front of the Arena.

I always like to arrive at any arena really early especially on day one of the tournament. This allows me to visit the merchandise area while they are fully stocked.  Plus I can find my seat without a lot of hassle.

My first game of the day saw Tennessee easily handle Wright State but the second game of the afternoon session was a different story. It pit Loyola-Chicago against the Miami Hurricanes. I have been lucky as just about every year I have seen an upset or a buzzer beater. Well this game was won by Loyola with a 3-pointer at the Buzzer to send the Hurricanes Packing.

The evening session featured Texas Tech against Stephen F. Austin in the first game of the evening session. The final game of the day featured the Florida Gators against the Bonny's of St. Bonaventure. Both Games went as expected with Florida and Tech Tech winning easily.

So Saturday's games are set with Tennessee taking on Loyola- Chicago followed by Florida and Texas Tech.

It was a long day of Basketball but it is one of the best day of the Basketball Season.

Tomorrow will be a day of exploring in Dallas, starting out with a visit to the George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum and then we will see what Traffic will allow me to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment