Sunday, March 11, 2018

U. S. S. CAIRO

(MARCH 7, 2017) The Video for my visit to the Vicksburg National Military Park turned out to be longer than I like. I really try and keep my videos somewhere between 8 and 12 minutes. I figure the if you are watching the videos, that is punishment enough. Plus the analytics show me that most people start to lose interest after about 10 minutes and very few watch longer than 15 minutes.

While my videos do take a while to edit and produce, they are still really amateur. I know that and I have never claimed they were anything else.  I have gotten a few YouTube Message tell me that they would be better if I bought a stabilizer or used a certain kind of camera or if I used better editing software.  I should also invest in a clip on mic. I considered all of that before embarked on this journey and decided that the more equipment that I had to lug around the more cumbersome this project would become. And I want to enjoy this trip and keep it fun. If I spent all my Time editing videos then this would become more of a job and not much fun.

So what you see is what you are going to get. My videos are shot with one of three cameras. My primary camera is a small hand held JVC video camera.  I also use an old HTC Cell phone video. Most of the time I use the cell phone camera on a stick which tends to offer a little more stability.  Third, I use a Nikon Cool Pix P530 but this camera is kind of heavy and I don't use it often.

One thing you have probably realized is that I am not good at talking on the fly. I try it every once in a while but usually just stumble through it. Most of the time I try and shot the video and then do the narration when I edit the video. I just think I do better when I have my notes in front of men and have had the time to do a little research.

Finally once again, all comments are held for review. So feel free to comment, just understand it will not appear on YouTube or on the Blog until I look at it an approve it.  This morning before I left the hotel I signed on and had 21 blog comments waiting for review. Only one made it and ended up being posted. The rest were trolls or contained inappropriate comments.  Also I do NOT post any comments with attachments, photos, GIFS, or links.

With all that being said, this is sorta of a bonus post with the second part of the Vicksburg Video. It deals with the U. S. S. Cairo. I have already covered the Cairo exhibit in the original post here. So here is part 2 of the video




No comments:

Post a Comment